Engaging and creative learning, combined with a structured and caring environment, as well as teaching from a biblical worldview are the hallmarks of the Cathedral Baptist Lower School. Our degreed and experienced teachers partner with parents in developing the mind, body and spirit of each child as we partner in providing the foundation for future CBS graduates attaining: a fear and respect for God, a strong work ethic, a rigorous intellectual path, a desire to embrace the creative nature of God through our curriculum as well as a demonstration of the love of Christ to all people.
CBS’s Lower School offers a nurturing environment where every child is challenged to meet their full potential as they are introduced to the world of ideas. Classrooms provide an active, vibrant atmosphere where learning is fun and teachers meet each child’s individual learning needs. Small groups and differentiated instruction contribute significantly to the quality of our academic program. Excellent language arts, math, science and social studies programs in First Grade through Sixth Grade integrate a broad liberal arts curriculum, enabling students to develop meaningful connections and an understanding of concepts and traditional disciplines in light of God’s Word. Your child will flourish in an environment where the home, school and church work together to provide a Christ-centered Education.
Lower School Highlights
- Biblically integrated curriculum
- Technology classes as well as integration into content within each classroom
- Curriculum-aligned field trips and activities
- Weekly Chapel
- Emphasis on written communication skills
- Strong phonics based program in First Grade and Second Grade promote better reading comprehension in third and fourth
- Bible is a core subject
- Strong grammar focus through A Beka Grammar
- Foreign Language instruction
- Fine Arts focus through music and art classes
- Connection to older students serving as positive role models to build a sense of community
- Aftercare available